Heavenly Blueberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Dessert | Dessert Recipes Vegan, Dessert Recipes Lemon, Dessert Recipes Banana, Dessert Recipes Crockpot, Dessert Recipes Oreo, Dessert Recipes Italian, Dessert Recipes Brownie, Dessert Recipes Peanut Butter, Dessert Recipes Spring, Dessert Recipes Gluten Free, Dessert Recipes Fruit, Dessert Recipes For Kids, Dessert Recipes Bars #Healthy #healthyrecipes #dinner #dinnerrecipes #chicken #chickenrecipes #food #foodrecipes #cookie #cookierecipes #crokpot #crokpotrecipes
Mel! I haven’t commented in forever, even though I’m still using your recipes daily. I made this heavenly dessert and it was everything you said it would be. I even got all fancy and put it in a trifle dish which is a great way to up your game in the kitchen. Thanks for being so amazing! And I’m not talking about your recipes
Recipes adapted from: how-hub.com
- Blueberry Filling (see note):
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon)
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cake and Cream:
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 angel food cake cut into 1-inch cubes (see note)
- 16 ounces light or regular cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Whipped Cream:
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- First, For the blueberry filling, in a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Then, For the cake and cream layer, in a blender or with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer), whip together the cream cheese, half-and-half or evaporated milk, and sugar until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl if you used a blender. Fold in the angel food cake cubes. Keep in mind (from the note below) that you may not use all the cake cubes, depending on the size of the cake. Add cake cubes until they are all thickly coated with a layer of cream.
- For the whipped cream, beat together the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, in a trifle dish, a large glass bowl or a 9X13-inch (or slightly smaller) dish, spread half of the angel food cake mixture. Top with half of the blueberries, dolloping across the top, and then spread half of the sweetened whipped cream on top. Repeat the layers. The layers don’t have to be perfect. It’s going to be a little haphazard and messy. Don’t stress.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.