Banana Crumb Coffee Cake | Dessert Recipes Healthy, Dessert Recipes For A Crowd, Dessert Recipes Peach, Dessert Recipes Simple, Dessert Recipes Best, Dessert Recipes Fall, Dessert Recipes Chocolate, Dessert Recipes For Summer, Dessert Recipes Videos, Dessert Recipes No Bake #Healthy #healthyrecipes #dinner #dinnerrecipes #chicken #chickenrecipes #food #foodrecipes #cookie #cookierecipes #crokpot #crokpotrecipes
I love any baked good with bananas, I just like the texture it gives things and coffee cake is always a favorite. This sounds sooooooo good, I can’t wait to make it! I think I’ll be baking this weekend 😉
Recipes adapted from: willbakeforbooks.com
- Crumb Layers
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 – 1 cup all purpose flour (start with 3/4 cup, and gradually add more if needed)
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (you can also use 1%, 2%, whole milk, or even buttermilk)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- Glaze (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- First, Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with butter or cooking spray; set aside.
- Then, In a large bowl, use your hands or two forks to crumble together the cold butter cubes, flour, sugars, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles a crumbly topping. Set aside the crumb mixture.
- crumb mix for coffee cake
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix softened butter on medium until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and mix for another minute, until well incorporated. Then add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and mix just until ingredients are incorporated (do not overmix!)
- banana crumb coffee cake batter
- Turn the mixer down to low, and alternate mixing in milk and flour until all ingredients are combined.
- cake mixture in Kitchenaid
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 – 1/4 of the crumb mixture. Then pour the remaining cake mixture on top of that layer and finally, top evenly with the remaining crumb topping.
- Banana Crumb Coffee Cake ready for oven
- Bake at 350º for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the optional glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk as needed until you get the glaze consistency you prefer. Set aside.
- Cool at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before drizzling the glaze over the top, slicing, and serving.