Pecan Pie Cheesecake | Dessert Recipes Healthy, Dessert Recipes For A Crowd, Dessert Recipes Peach, Dessert Recipes Simple, Dessert Recipes Best, Dessert Recipes Fall, Dessert Recipes Chocolate, Dessert Recipes For Summer, Dessert Recipes Videos, Dessert Recipes No Bake #Healthy #healthyrecipes #dinner #dinnerrecipes #chicken #chickenrecipes #food #foodrecipes #cookie #cookierecipes #crokpot #crokpotrecipes
I made this recipe and it was delicious but the crust was was very hard. Really too hard to cut through. Has anyone else had this problem. I cut back on the Karo syrup and cooking time but not much better.
Recipes adapted from: lilluna.com
- For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 and 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- Pecan Filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups pecans-chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter- melted
- 2 large eggs-lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounce cream cheese-softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3.5 tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted pecans-chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, To make the Crust:
- Then, Line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar, stir in melted butter, then press the mixture evenly into bottom and halfway up the side of 9 inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
- To make the Pecan Filling:
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, pecans and vanilla and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
- Cheesecake Filing:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy, then add brown sugar and flour and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Do not overbeat it!!! Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, then pour cheesecake mixture over pecan filling.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet, put it in the oven and reduce the heat to 325 F Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes (until toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean). Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in with oven door closed for 1 hour.
- Run a knife around edges of cheesecake but don’t take out of the pan until completely cooled.
- To make the topping:
- In a small saucepan combine butter and brown sugar. Cook for 3-5 min or until very bubbly, then stir in cinnamon, heavy whipping cream and chopped pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Release the sides of springform pan and spoon the topping over cooled cheesecake.
- Store the cake in the fridge.