Best Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies | Dessert Recipes Cake, Dessert Recipes Christmas, Dessert Recipes Apple, Dessert Recipes Mexican, Dessert Recipes Strawberry, Dessert Recipes For Two, Dessert Recipes Quick, Dessert Recipes Cheesecake, Dessert Recipes From Scratch #Healthy #healthyrecipes #dinner #dinnerrecipes #chicken #chickenrecipes #food #foodrecipes #cookie #cookierecipes #crokpot #crokpotrecipes
These look fantastic! I agree, sometimes simple things like a great sugar cookie (or a vanilla cake) are the BEST! Your vanilla cake is always my go to. That is another awesome yet simple recipe!
Recipes adapted from: addapinch.com
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar (additional for rolling)
- 2 3/4 cups (358g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1.First, Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- 2.Then, Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. It will be thick and shouldn’t be sticky. Do not over mix. Once it’s well combined, use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
- Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sugar to coat. Set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Remove just before the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake. The cookies will be a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.